Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Cinderella Castle


There's nothing special about this traditional photo of Neuschwanstein Castle. You can find postcards of equal and better all over Germany. But as a walking tourist without a helicopter and with a family of eleven, I was pretty excited to get this one.

We're heading to Disney World in a few weeks, and this is the castle Walt Disney modeled his famous Cinderella castle after. I'm glad my kids can go and say, "Hey! We saw the real one!" At their age, maybe the Disney one is more magical, but someday they'll look back and realize how cool it was to be standing in the mountains of Europe with the castle that actually did house a prince.

2 comments:

  1. :) Hope you have a fab time in Disney!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Postcard picture perfect! Peggy's Cove is a popular photographed scene, and I have a picture of it like all the others but knowing I took it evokes contentment.

    (For my work yesterday I spent time on the phone with someone in Washington State and was quite proud of myself that I knew what 'The Mall' was, and we could chat about it!)

    ReplyDelete